Friday, March 5, 2010

Crib Sheets

It happened this morning. My hands palms got clammy, I broke into a cold sweat and my mouth went dry as I stared at the horrendous task awaiting me...yes...it was time to change the crib sheet. I cringed as I thought about all that this would entail...the stretching, the hitting of my elbows, the pulling....oh dear! My dear dear daughter, why did you have to pee through your diaper and soil the crib sheet I just washed 3 days ago!? I have barely recovered from the trauma of the last changing of the crib sheet. But, I forge ahead because my 3 month old needs a nap and I can not put her down on a crib sheet full of pee pee...can I? So I begin and at first things are going smoothly until I pull on the other end of the sheet and the elastic that someone so wisely calls a "fitted sheet" snaps me right in the face. If it is a fitted sheet why does it not fit I ask myself in frustration. 5 minutes in to the endeavor Delaney starts crying because afterall, it is nap time. Hurry, I tell myself, hurry. After knocking my knuckles, saying some kid friendly curse words like poopy and fiddle sticks, I get the fitted sheet on...but not without a frustrated mommy, a screaming, tired 3 month old, and a 2-year old pulling on my pant legs in her princess outfit saying mommy lets go dance. I think to myself as I lay my sweet little girl down to sleep, would she really have noticed if I had just let her sleep in her dried pee.....

*As a side note to those of you who are reading this thinking that there is no way that putting on a fitted crib sheet could be this horrible then I propose that you either do not have children or have never had to change a crib sheet and in that case you can come on over and give it a try any time!

1 comment:

  1. I am cracking up as I read this. I feel your pain. Glad I am not the only one. I hate changing the crib sheets. Little did I know that changing bunk bed sheets is even more of a pain.

    ReplyDelete